Faizabad violence: Nirmal Khatri stopped from entering Bhadarsa
- April 23 campaign roundup: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- IPL 7: All-round Jadeja steals show in CSK win
Faizabad MP and UPCC president Nirmal Khatri, who was on Tuesday prevented from entering Bhadarsa town area of Faizabad after relaxation of curfew, "strongly objected" to the district administration's move and demanded that necessary steps be taken to restore normalcy in the district and food and other necessary supplies be arranged for the poor, including those in Bhadarsa town, who are on the verge of starvation due to imposition of curfew.
Khatri wanted to meet the families of those affected by violence and the curfew in the district but was stopped by the district administration. "Most of the families residing in Bhadarsa town area are poor and constitute of daily wagers. Due to imposition of curfew, they have been pushed to starvation and the district administration has maintained a lackadaisical attitude towards it. Since its his parliamentary constituency, Khatri wanted to meet these families but was stopped," Congress spokesperson Virendra Madan said in a press release.