Faizabad violence: Nirmal Khatri stopped from entering Bhadarsa
- Manish Sisodia announces key ministries of Delhi Cabinet
- Maken hits back at Sheila Dikshit, says result extension of 2013 mandate
- Voter lists in hand, Hindu Mahasabha looks for Christians, Muslims on Valentine’s Day
- Child, nurse, wife on vacation among 9 killed as train derails
- In Baramati, Narendra Modi says Sharad Pawar a 'helpful veteran leader'
Faizabad MP and UPCC president Nirmal Khatri, who was on Tuesday prevented from entering Bhadarsa town area of Faizabad after relaxation of curfew, "strongly objected" to the district administration's move and demanded that necessary steps be taken to restore normalcy in the district and food and other necessary supplies be arranged for the poor, including those in Bhadarsa town, who are on the verge of starvation due to imposition of curfew.
Khatri wanted to meet the families of those affected by violence and the curfew in the district but was stopped by the district administration. "Most of the families residing in Bhadarsa town area are poor and constitute of daily wagers. Due to imposition of curfew, they have been pushed to starvation and the district administration has maintained a lackadaisical attitude towards it. Since its his parliamentary constituency, Khatri wanted to meet these families but was stopped," Congress spokesperson Virendra Madan said in a press release.