Fake document case: Balkrishna appears in court
- Real estate bill: BJP hits back at Rahul Gandhi, asks if he visited hail-affected farmers in Amethi
- Mumbai: Assistant sub-inspector shoots senior, self in Vakola police station
- Moga bus molestation: Deputy CM Sukhbir Singh orders Orbit buses off the road amid protests
- Three killed, 16 injured in accident at Harduaganj thermal station
- Amarnath Yatra: Nirmal Singh hits back at Geelani, says separatists have become 'irrelevant'
Yoga Guru Ramdev's close aide Balkrishna today appeared in a CBI court here in connection with a fake document case.
Balkrishna appeared before Special CBI Magistrate Preeto Sharma, who fixed January 16 as the next date of hearing in the case, CBI Counsel Rajmohan Chand said, adding this is a regular exercise during trial.
Charged with procuring an Indian passport on the basis of fake degrees and certificates, Balkrishna is out on bail in the case since August 16 this year.
Balkrishna had been arrested by the CBI on July 20 after the court issued Non-Bailable Warrants (NBW) against him in the case.
The CBI had on July 10 filed a chargesheet in the court against Balkrishna.
The agency had booked Balkrishna under IPC sections related to criminal conspiracy, cheating and forgery and imposed additional charge of alleged violation of the Passport Act against him.