Fake document case: Balkrishna appears in court
- JD(U) rules out tie-up, Lalu starts own campaign, clock ticks down for Congress
- In UP, Modi takes on Mulayam, says SP misleading people under veil of secularism
- Rahul Gandhi's ordinance shortcut loses way
- Vigilance complaints pile up as Delhi Police doesnât know password
- Defence Ministry orders CBI probe into purchase of Rolls Royce engines by HAL
Yoga Guru Ramdev's close aide Balkrishna today appeared in a CBI court here in connection with a fake document case.
Balkrishna appeared before Special CBI Magistrate Preeto Sharma, who fixed January 16 as the next date of hearing in the case, CBI Counsel Rajmohan Chand said, adding this is a regular exercise during trial.
Charged with procuring an Indian passport on the basis of fake degrees and certificates, Balkrishna is out on bail in the case since August 16 this year.
Balkrishna had been arrested by the CBI on July 20 after the court issued Non-Bailable Warrants (NBW) against him in the case.
The CBI had on July 10 filed a chargesheet in the court against Balkrishna.
The agency had booked Balkrishna under IPC sections related to criminal conspiracy, cheating and forgery and imposed additional charge of alleged violation of the Passport Act against him.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today
- Won’t return to NDA even if Narendra Modi is not PM candidate: JD(U)