Fake document case: Balkrishna appears in court
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Yoga Guru Ramdev's close aide Balkrishna today appeared in a CBI court here in connection with a fake document case.
Balkrishna appeared before Special CBI Magistrate Preeto Sharma, who fixed January 16 as the next date of hearing in the case, CBI Counsel Rajmohan Chand said, adding this is a regular exercise during trial.
Charged with procuring an Indian passport on the basis of fake degrees and certificates, Balkrishna is out on bail in the case since August 16 this year.
Balkrishna had been arrested by the CBI on July 20 after the court issued Non-Bailable Warrants (NBW) against him in the case.
The CBI had on July 10 filed a chargesheet in the court against Balkrishna.
The agency had booked Balkrishna under IPC sections related to criminal conspiracy, cheating and forgery and imposed additional charge of alleged violation of the Passport Act against him.