Families of Patna blast accused get invites to Modiís Ranchi rally
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
The Jharkhand BJP list of invitees to Narendra Modi's Ranchi rally on December 29 includes families of four Patna blast accused. The Jharkhand BJP minority cell that held a function at Sithio village near Ranchi exhorted Muslim families to attend Modi's rally without "any prejudice, and with open minds".
BJP, that claims to have extended invitation cards to over 10 lakh families, says it could not have "left out" some families because of the "faults of their unworthy sons".
BJP leaders went door-to-door, including the house of Mohammed Imtiaz's father Kamaluddin Ansari and extended him invitation cards to attend the BJP PM candidate's rally. Imtiaz is in NIA custody. Tariq (succumbed to injuries after Patna blast). Numan Ansari and Taufiq Ansari are absconding.
Ranchi BJP MLA and former Assembly speaker CP Singh told The Indian Express: "We did not visit houses of Patna blast accused to invite them. We have been distributing invitation cards in every village, Sithio is such a village and meeting Imitiaz's father is just a coincidence".
Singh, who attended the minority cell function at Sithio, added: "Though there is no question of defending the blast accused, barring some families, because of faults of their unworthy sons, it is courtesy to extend invitation to all. Maybe people are reading too much into our coincidental meeting with Imtiaz's father".
Kamaluddin Ansari and families of other three accused, however, did not commit their presence at Modi's rally.
BJP leader CP Singh said the minority cell got invitation cards and pamphlets printed in Urdu and had been travelling to all possible minority villages since last fortnight. "We will continue to visit people till December 28 to invite people to our rally. So far, over 10 lakh households have been extended invitation," he said.
Bihar BJP had been attacking Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for "lax security arrangements causing" bomb blasts. During his October 27 Patna rally, he had justified Jharkhand BJP stand. Bihar BJP state president Mangal Pandey said: "If the families of blast accused have nothing to do with the accused, they are welcome at our Ranchi rally. But if they are still in touch with the accused, we will stay away from them as well," he said.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress