Family, Fish and a Talking Parrot
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
At the insistence of Salman Khan, the sixth season of Bigg Boss will carry the tag of a 'family entertainer'.
In its sixth season, which is set to start on October 7, Bigg Boss — India's most controversial reality show — is set to be a family entertainer. It owes this turnaround to its star host Salman Khan, who was unhappy about the last season. He insisted on clean content for the show — which means no abusive language, backbiting and bitching — so that families could sit together and watch it. "Who does not like entertainment? But entertainment need not be crass and unruly. There has to be a line drawn," says Khan.
Going by its new family-friendly tag, the show has also been advanced to a primetime slot. It will now air at 9 pm seven days a week instead of the previous season's 10.30 pm slot. The contestants too are being selected keeping in mind the show's new temper. "We have seen that audiences like positivity on screen," says Raj Nayak, CEO, Colors. Although the final contracts for the contestants will be signed on October 6, a day prior to their entry in the Bigg Boss house — the likely candidates are model-turned-actor Sayali Bhagat, cricketer Navjot Singh Sidhu, Faisal Khan, Aamir Khan's brother, Nupur Mehta, the starlet who was involved in a match-fixing scandal, actor Chunky Pandey, funny man Vrajesh Hirjee, Sampat Pal Devi, the leader of Gulab Gang, controversial Guru Swami Nityananda, yoga instructor Vivek Kumar, who accused TV actor Raja Choudhary of molesting him and television actors Jay Bhanushali and Aashka Goradia. A source from the production team says, "Kim Kardashian will be the international guest this year. She will stay in the house for only a few days. The deal is yet to be finalised, because of monetary issues."
- I will protest against Arvind Kejriwal if he indulges in wrongdoing: AnnaÂ Hazare
- Amit Shah not named in supplementary chargesheet filed by CBI in Ishrat Jahan fake encounterÂ case
- Narendra Modiâ€™s Kolkata rally â€˜okayâ€™, crowd only 50,000 : VarunÂ Gandhi
- Stop personal attacks, Rahul tells spokespersons | The Indian Express