Family, Fish and a Talking Parrot
- Third phase of LS polls ends: High turnout in 91 seats; Chandigarh tops with 74 per cent
- BJP sacks Jaswant Singh's son Manvendra; Ansari not to contest against Modi
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- First time, Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, calls her change ânakliâ
- Mulayam questions death penalty for rape, says 'boys make mistakes'
At the insistence of Salman Khan, the sixth season of Bigg Boss will carry the tag of a 'family entertainer'.
In its sixth season, which is set to start on October 7, Bigg Boss — India's most controversial reality show — is set to be a family entertainer. It owes this turnaround to its star host Salman Khan, who was unhappy about the last season. He insisted on clean content for the show — which means no abusive language, backbiting and bitching — so that families could sit together and watch it. "Who does not like entertainment? But entertainment need not be crass and unruly. There has to be a line drawn," says Khan.
Going by its new family-friendly tag, the show has also been advanced to a primetime slot. It will now air at 9 pm seven days a week instead of the previous season's 10.30 pm slot. The contestants too are being selected keeping in mind the show's new temper. "We have seen that audiences like positivity on screen," says Raj Nayak, CEO, Colors. Although the final contracts for the contestants will be signed on October 6, a day prior to their entry in the Bigg Boss house — the likely candidates are model-turned-actor Sayali Bhagat, cricketer Navjot Singh Sidhu, Faisal Khan, Aamir Khan's brother, Nupur Mehta, the starlet who was involved in a match-fixing scandal, actor Chunky Pandey, funny man Vrajesh Hirjee, Sampat Pal Devi, the leader of Gulab Gang, controversial Guru Swami Nityananda, yoga instructor Vivek Kumar, who accused TV actor Raja Choudhary of molesting him and television actors Jay Bhanushali and Aashka Goradia. A source from the production team says, "Kim Kardashian will be the international guest this year. She will stay in the house for only a few days. The deal is yet to be finalised, because of monetary issues."
- Srinath wins title but Deshpande steals show
- Ambala Lok Sabha constituency: 65.15 pc vote in Panchkula district
- ‘No smoking’ signages to dot polling booths
- City breaks electoral record as 74 pc turn out to vote
- BJP campaign in Varanasi starts April 12 — without Modi
- Cong spending Rs 50 cr on each constituency: Kumaraswamy