Family, friend of Shahzad held in Pak
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
A number of Pakistani nationals, including family members of Faisal Shahzad have been picked up in Pakistan for questioning, CNN quoted Pakistani intelligence sources as saying.
Sky news quoted a security official in Karachi saying a few family members of Shahzad had been picked up. Shahzad had visited Pakistan for about five months, returning to the US in February.
Authorities have also detained a friend of Shahzad, identified as Tauseef. He was arrested in Karachi, said an intelligence official, on the condition of anonymity. Officials cliamed, no charges had been filed yet.
A local television station reported that Shahzad spent time in Karachi and visited Peshawar during his stay in Pakistan. AP
'Suspect was of Kashmiri-origin'
WASHINGTON: Faisal Shahzad was of Kashmiri descent but it is not known if he was affiliated with any militant group, a source familiar with the investigation said on Tuesday.
The source, who asked not to be named because the issue is sensitive, said the suspect, Shahzad, was born in 1979 and was from the Kashmir region. He had been in the US for some time. "Which group he may have belonged to and how he became radicalised, we don't know yet," said the source.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi