Famous First Lady in decades
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RR vs SRH: RR struggle in modest chase against SRH
For the first time after the Mao era, China is set to welcome a high-profile First Lady as the wife of CPC's new leader Xi Jinping is a celebrated singer who is expected to bring colour and glamour to his office.
The 49-year-old Peng Liyuan is the second wife of Xi, and the couple got married when he was the deputy mayor of Xiamen City. Xi's marriage to Peng, who was already an iconic singer, made him famous. For decades, she regaled the audience over the state television with patriotic songs. Analysts say for the first time in three decades, China is going to have a famous and active First Lady as the wives of most of the leaders, other than Mao Zedong, never took up any public role.
- L-G green light for proposal to make helmets mandatory for women
- Ready for elections: Parties
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post