Fans bid teary-eyed goodbye to Indian Idol 2 winner Sandeep Acharya
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
The mortal remains of Indian Idol 2 winner Sandeep Acharya were consigned to flames at his native place here today.
Family members, friends and fans bade a teary-eyed adieu to the singer who died in a private hospital in Gurgaon in Haryana at the age of 29 yesterday.
Hundreds attended the funeral of Acharya, who was afflicted with jaundice for the past few days, at Chokhuti cremation ground in Bikaner town.
Sandeep Acharya, who had performed in stage shows, was crowned the winner of singing reality show 'India Idol Season 2' on April 22, 2006.
The playback singer, who is survived by his wife and a month-old daughter, had won the award for best new Bollywood talent in New Jersey, USA.