Farhan Akhtar warns Priyanka Chopra about getting typecast
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- RSP quits LDF, to go alone in Lok Sabha elections
After 'Don' and 'Agneepath', Priyanka Chopra is working in 'Zanjeer' but Farhan Akhtar has warned the actress about getting typecast by doing too many remakes.
Farhan directed Priyanka in the remake of 1978 film 'Don' and then the 30-year-old actress went on to star in the new version of 1990 film 'Agneepath' opposite Hrithik Roshan.
Farhan took to Twitter to remind the actress about her fondness for the remakes of Amitabh Bachchan starrers.
"Priyanka Chopra, do you realise that this is the third official remake of Amitabh Bachchan you are in? Be careful you don't get typecast," Farhan tweeted.
'Zanjeer' remake is being produced by Amit Mehra, who is the son of the original director Prakash Mehra. The 1973 film starred Amitabh Bachchan and Jaya in the lead roles.
Apoorva Lakhia is helming the new film, which also stars southern star Ram Charan Teja.
Priyanka is currently in Hyderabad for the shooting of the film.
"In Hydrabad for 'Zanjeer'. Starting a new film always makes me nervous," she tweeted.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today