Farhan Akhtar warns Priyanka Chopra about getting typecast
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
After 'Don' and 'Agneepath', Priyanka Chopra is working in 'Zanjeer' but Farhan Akhtar has warned the actress about getting typecast by doing too many remakes.
Farhan directed Priyanka in the remake of 1978 film 'Don' and then the 30-year-old actress went on to star in the new version of 1990 film 'Agneepath' opposite Hrithik Roshan.
Farhan took to Twitter to remind the actress about her fondness for the remakes of Amitabh Bachchan starrers.
"Priyanka Chopra, do you realise that this is the third official remake of Amitabh Bachchan you are in? Be careful you don't get typecast," Farhan tweeted.
'Zanjeer' remake is being produced by Amit Mehra, who is the son of the original director Prakash Mehra. The 1973 film starred Amitabh Bachchan and Jaya in the lead roles.
Apoorva Lakhia is helming the new film, which also stars southern star Ram Charan Teja.
Priyanka is currently in Hyderabad for the shooting of the film.
"In Hydrabad for 'Zanjeer'. Starting a new film always makes me nervous," she tweeted.