Faridabad Shocker: Girl found raped, beheaded
- RJD splits as 13 MLAs desert Lalu Prasad for Nitish Kumar, but six âreturnâ
- No death penalty for Italian marines, Centre tells Supreme Court
- Rahul slams Modi on migrant issue, says BJP playing divisive politics
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case: SC to hear Centre's plea on restraining TN govt from releasing convicts
- Leopard on the loose in Meerut, officials order closure of schools and colleges
Yet another horrible crime has highlighted the fact that the National Capital Region remains as unsafe for women as it was on the night of the brutal Delhi gangrape.
A minor girl was raped and brutally beheaded on Thursday at Gandhi Colony, NID Faridabad.
The incident took place when the Class XII Humanities student had gone out to attend tuition classes in the afternoon.
As the girl did not return home by evening, the worried family started searching for her.
They failed to locate her, but received a call later from police informing them a girl's body had been found at a nearby guest house.
The shocked family identified the body whose head had almost been entirely severed.
A friend revealed the victim knew the man and that he used to stalk her.
However, according to Geeta Bhasin the guest house owner, where the girl was found, the couple had come to her place and asked to be given a room on rent. On being told to provide proof of identity, the man, whose name is reportedly Sonu, said he would give it later.
He asked for tea to be sent to the room.
But within 15-20 minutes, Bhasin saw the man leaving in a rush. On reaching the room she found the girl lying dead there.
The girl's head was almost severed and there were marks on her stomach and hands.
A kitchen knife was found lying nearby.
Acting on the information provided by the family and the girl's friend, police rushed to Tawdu village in Mewar and arrested Sonu.
He has reportedly confessed to the crime.
Sonu is married and is the father of a 9-year-old boy.