Faridabad Shocker: Girl found raped, beheaded
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi files his nomination from Varanasi, says technology upgradation and branding needed for development of Kashi
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Manmohan Singh casts vote in Guwahati, dismisses Modi-wave in country
- Letter by Xavier's principal criticising Gujarat model taken down from college website
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Slow voting in Mumbai, UP records 24 % in first four hours
A minor girl was raped and brutally beheaded on Thursday at Gandhi Colony, NID Faridabad.
The incident took place when the Class XII Humanities student had gone out to attend tuition classes in the afternoon.
As the girl did not return home by evening, the worried family started searching for her.
They failed to locate her, but received a call later from police informing them a girl's body had been found at a nearby guest house.
The shocked family identified the body whose head had almost been entirely severed.
A friend revealed the victim knew the man and that he used to stalk her.
However, according to Geeta Bhasin the guest house owner, where the girl was found, the couple had come to her place and asked to be given a room on rent. On being told to provide proof of identity, the man, whose name is reportedly Sonu, said he would give it later.
He asked for tea to be sent to the room.
But within 15-20 minutes, Bhasin saw the man leaving in a rush. On reaching the room she found the girl lying dead there.
The girl's head was almost severed and there were marks on her stomach and hands.
A kitchen knife was found lying nearby.
Acting on the information provided by the family and the girl's friend, police rushed to Tawdu village in Mewar and arrested Sonu.
He has reportedly confessed to the crime.
Sonu is married and is the father of a 9-year-old boy.
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling