Faridabad-Gurgaon monorail planned
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Sunday announced that his government is considering introducing a monorail between Faridabad and Gurgaon to accelerate the pace of development in the area. The modalities of the project would be worked out, he said. He also said efforts were being made to extend the Metro line up to Ballabhgarh.
City prefers diesel
New Delhi: Consumption of diesel in Delhi has surged by 15 per cent while that of petrol went down by nearly 1.5 per cent in 2011-12 compared to the year before, reflecting a growing preference for diesel cars in the city. Delhi government statistics say consumption of diesel in the city was 9.34 lakh metric tonnes in 2011-12 as against 8.11 lakh metric tonnes in 2010-11.
Bag thieves held
New Delhi: Three women have been arrested from the IGI Airport for allegedly stealing handbags of flyers. CISF personnel nabbed them after tracking their activities for a few days. "CCTV footage revealed that the three women stole bags of female passengers outside Terminal 3," a CISF officer said.
New Delhi: A man, held guilty of driving a truck under the influence, has been spared jail term but ordered by a Delhi court to perform community service at a temple in once a week for two months. "The appellant is the only person to look after his family. Imprisonment would seriously affect his household," the court said.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18