Farting inside flight fine, say scientists
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Although scientifically preferred liberating wind was not without its pitfalls.
Farting also presented a soiling hazard, which "may require damage control in the airplane toilet."
Stinkiness could also affect the cabin crew's quality of life but more importantly could cause turbulence in the cockpit.
The study 'Flatulence on airplanes: just let it go' is published in the New Zealand Medical Journal.