- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal on dharna against attack on Bharti; Modi to file nomination from Varanasi
- Modi to Cong: Just 20 days more...Will take revenge
- SC to frame rules to snip govt ads
- Donât allow regional parties to contest LS polls: Chavan
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Modi urges youngsters to vote; Medha Patkar alleges money distribution by parties
India is all set to have its first Playboy Beach Club in the next few months. Though the especially designed uniforms for its bunnies are toned down versions of the original, there seems to be a lot of interest surrounding the launch. The organisers emphasise that the club will fashion itself according to "conservative Indian values". The club was slated for launch at Candolim beach, Goa, in December 2012, but the event has been deferred to this year.
Ice, Ice Babies
Mayank Mohindra, CEO of a trend forecasting service, FashionForwardTrends, says that the era of bold and bright colours will give way to icy pastels in the next few months. Mint green, baby pink, dull blue and lemon yellow have ruled the Spring-Summer 2013 runways in New York, Paris, London and Milan, creating a soft and subtle palette. Proponents of these colours are Emilio Pucci, Emporio Armani and Prada among others. These ice cream hues will emerge through sheer georgettes, iridescent surfaces and basic cottons.
The Big Fat Indian Party is going to become The Big Fat and Dramatic Indian Party this year. Some of the concepts that have found takers for corporate and other parties in 2013 are — chefs and stewards doubling as performers, and food being served from thelas, especially salad counters, which will have real sabjiwalas dishing out the greens. Shot glasses will get competition from the humble hand pump, which will release copious amounts of alcohol that you can drink with your hands. "We have added complimentary cab services after many such parties," says Ishaan Sarkar, COO of the city-based Kwality Caterers. The piece de resistance? How about flambéed paan?
Waistlines may not be shrinking but dessert portions certainly are. If cupcakes — the cutesy, miniature version of the cake — were the highlight of the sweets table in 2012, the new year belongs to other midgets. Expect miniature gulab jamuns that you pop into your mouth from soup spoons, tiny laddoos, jalebis that are almost the size of coins, and cakes that you scoop out of shot glasses. This does not mean our love for sweets will diminish in 2013. On the contrary, chefs say that small-sized sweets will enable people to sample a wide variety of dessert offerings instead of stuffing themselves on one or two items.
- Hyderabad blast 2013: Agencies hunt for Mangalore ‘source’
- Police raids Giriraj Singh's home to arrest him for hate remarks
- Main accused in hawala racket has underworld links: Police
- Sindhu, Kashyap advance, Srikanth exits early at Asian C’ships
- Adhiban recovers, stays in lead
- 1 jumps to death as fire breaks out in Surat 10-storey building