Fatehdeep breezes into next round
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Former Chandigarh Lawn Tennis Assocaition (CLTA) trainee and fourth seed Fatehdeep Singh registered a comfortable 6-1, 6-0 victory over Siddharth Anand in the boy's Under-16 category in the Fenesta Open National tennis championship held at RK Khanna Tennis Complex, on Tuesday. In the boy's Under-14 category, Sumit pal Singh lost to Aryan Goves 2-6, 3-6 but Paramveer Singh Bajwa entered into the next round following an easy 6-2, 6-1 victory over PC Anirudh. Meanwhile, top seed I B Akshay's campaign in the boys' Unde-16 category ended after he suffered a shock defeat at the hands of Raghav Jaisinghani. Akshay surrendered meekly to Raghav, going down 2-6 3-6. In the girls' Under-14 section also the top seeds were hardly challenged. Sruta Kriti Gunuganti beat Sama Sathvika 6-1 6-1 and Vanshika Sawhney outplayed Neeru 6-0 6-1.