Fatehdeep breezes into next round
- In Dadri, BJP's Sangeet Som accuses UP govt of framing innocent men for lynching incident
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says doctor
- Shashank Manohar unanimously elected as new BCCI president
- Non-declarants of foreign assets to be tried under black money law: FM
- Bihar polls: 130 candidates with serious criminal charges to contest in first phase
Former Chandigarh Lawn Tennis Assocaition (CLTA) trainee and fourth seed Fatehdeep Singh registered a comfortable 6-1, 6-0 victory over Siddharth Anand in the boy's Under-16 category in the Fenesta Open National tennis championship held at RK Khanna Tennis Complex, on Tuesday. In the boy's Under-14 category, Sumit pal Singh lost to Aryan Goves 2-6, 3-6 but Paramveer Singh Bajwa entered into the next round following an easy 6-2, 6-1 victory over PC Anirudh. Meanwhile, top seed I B Akshay's campaign in the boys' Unde-16 category ended after he suffered a shock defeat at the hands of Raghav Jaisinghani. Akshay surrendered meekly to Raghav, going down 2-6 3-6. In the girls' Under-14 section also the top seeds were hardly challenged. Sruta Kriti Gunuganti beat Sama Sathvika 6-1 6-1 and Vanshika Sawhney outplayed Neeru 6-0 6-1.