Father bites off baby’s lip, nose
- Polls open in Britain's historic European Union referendum
- Day after NDMC legal advisor was killed, LG Najeeb Jung sought action on complaint against him
- Swamy tweets again: Suspends demand for CEA's sacking, but with conditions
- NSG Plenary Session Begins today: France backs India, all eyes on PM Modi-Xi meet
- Indians flood (wrong) Baghdadi with queries on Islamic State
After a fight with his wife, a drunken man bit off the upper lip, nose and cheeks of his five-month-old daughter in Bikaner on Thursday night. The man, Bahadur Singh, worked as a trucker and after losing an arm in an accident had started working as an agricultural labourer.
Late Thursday night, after reaching home in an inebriated state, he asked his wife to do some work but she refused as she had applied henna on her palms. Infuriated by this, Singh beat her up and when the couple's three-year-old daughter, Bhanwar Kanwar, walked into the room, he bit her on her back and hands. Awakened by this, his five-month-old baby, Radha, started crying, which angered Singh further.
He ruthlessly bit off the upper lip and nose of the baby and left deep marks on her cheeks. The baby was rushed to a local hospital in Bikaner's Kolayat area.
Doctors have referred her to a hospital in Jaipur.
- Any party serious about UP’s development would try and make trifurcation a political issue
- There are lessons for India in Thailand’s experience on universal healthcare
- China’s declining competitiveness is an opportunity for India apparel industry
- If there is maun yoga, let Salman Khan practice it
- There is no logical way to refute the generalised assertions about the CSO’s skulduggery
- EU referendum: Days of unmaking