Father bites off baby’s lip, nose
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
After a fight with his wife, a drunken man bit off the upper lip, nose and cheeks of his five-month-old daughter in Bikaner on Thursday night. The man, Bahadur Singh, worked as a trucker and after losing an arm in an accident had started working as an agricultural labourer.
Late Thursday night, after reaching home in an inebriated state, he asked his wife to do some work but she refused as she had applied henna on her palms. Infuriated by this, Singh beat her up and when the couple's three-year-old daughter, Bhanwar Kanwar, walked into the room, he bit her on her back and hands. Awakened by this, his five-month-old baby, Radha, started crying, which angered Singh further.
He ruthlessly bit off the upper lip and nose of the baby and left deep marks on her cheeks. The baby was rushed to a local hospital in Bikaner's Kolayat area.
Doctors have referred her to a hospital in Jaipur.
Singh was arrested and a case has been registered against him. He was produced in court on Saturday.