Father bites off baby’s lip, nose
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Rahul breaks solid stand, Patel departs
After a fight with his wife, a drunken man bit off the upper lip, nose and cheeks of his five-month-old daughter in Bikaner on Thursday night. The man, Bahadur Singh, worked as a trucker and after losing an arm in an accident had started working as an agricultural labourer.
Late Thursday night, after reaching home in an inebriated state, he asked his wife to do some work but she refused as she had applied henna on her palms. Infuriated by this, Singh beat her up and when the couple's three-year-old daughter, Bhanwar Kanwar, walked into the room, he bit her on her back and hands. Awakened by this, his five-month-old baby, Radha, started crying, which angered Singh further.
He ruthlessly bit off the upper lip and nose of the baby and left deep marks on her cheeks. The baby was rushed to a local hospital in Bikaner's Kolayat area.
Doctors have referred her to a hospital in Jaipur.
Singh was arrested and a case has been registered against him. He was produced in court on Saturday.
- Ready for elections: Parties
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs