Father, brother arrested for raping teenaged girl
- Unjust to blame Modi, Shah alone for Bihar debacle: Nitin Gadkari
- High Drama at Akal Takht, bid to attack Jathedar
- Every action has equal and opposite reaction: Nitish on BJP rumblings
- Chetia handed over to India: All you need to know about the ULFA leader
- For second successive year, PM Modi celebrates Diwali with jawans
A man and his son were arrested for allegedly raping his teenaged daughter in Dombivili township of Thane district in Maharashtra, police said today.
According to the complaint filed by the 19-year-old victim, she was repeatedly raped by her father - Mahesh Prasad (50) for the last two years and for the last two months, her 20-year-old brother - Hardik - had also sexually abused her, Dombivili-Ramnagar police said.
The girl mentioned in her complaint that she had been living with her father and brother after her mother divorced and went on to live separately.
The victim could not muster courage to complain against her own father, but after being severely distressed with the activities, she left her home on Friday, police said.
She was spotted crying at the Dombivili railway station on Friday night by her friends, in whom she confided the trauma that she had been going through at her home.
The friends, with the help of some social organisations and NGOs, encouraged her to report the matter to police following which the victim lodged a complaint against her father and brother.
The accused were arrested by police yesterday and were produced in court which remanded them to police custody till January 3, 2013, they said.
- With a few modifications, MGNREGA can dent poverty
- Centre should merge excise and service tax regimes as a precursor to GST
- Sanskrit and Persian have much in common
- Borrowing costs for states with varying deficits can’t be the same
- Best investment treaty
- Discrimination on basis of caste is continuing reality, state can't shirk responsibility