Father, brother arrested for raping teenaged girl
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A man and his son were arrested for allegedly raping his teenaged daughter in Dombivili township of Thane district in Maharashtra, police said today.
According to the complaint filed by the 19-year-old victim, she was repeatedly raped by her father - Mahesh Prasad (50) for the last two years and for the last two months, her 20-year-old brother - Hardik - had also sexually abused her, Dombivili-Ramnagar police said.
The girl mentioned in her complaint that she had been living with her father and brother after her mother divorced and went on to live separately.
The victim could not muster courage to complain against her own father, but after being severely distressed with the activities, she left her home on Friday, police said.
She was spotted crying at the Dombivili railway station on Friday night by her friends, in whom she confided the trauma that she had been going through at her home.
The friends, with the help of some social organisations and NGOs, encouraged her to report the matter to police following which the victim lodged a complaint against her father and brother.
The accused were arrested by police yesterday and were produced in court which remanded them to police custody till January 3, 2013, they said.
Further investigation was on, they added.