Father, brother arrested for raping teenaged girl
- Solar scam case: Kerala court orders FIR against CM Oommen Chandy
- Supreme Court recalls order appointing former judge Virendra Singh as UP Lokayukta
- Arunachal Governor cited ‘cow slaughter’ protest as one sign of law & order collapse in state
- BJP leader held for alleged cow slaughter in Madhya Pradesh, gets expelled from party
- Indian-American Muslims flay Government move against AMU, Jamia
A man and his son were arrested for allegedly raping his teenaged daughter in Dombivili township of Thane district in Maharashtra, police said today.
According to the complaint filed by the 19-year-old victim, she was repeatedly raped by her father - Mahesh Prasad (50) for the last two years and for the last two months, her 20-year-old brother - Hardik - had also sexually abused her, Dombivili-Ramnagar police said.
The girl mentioned in her complaint that she had been living with her father and brother after her mother divorced and went on to live separately.
The victim could not muster courage to complain against her own father, but after being severely distressed with the activities, she left her home on Friday, police said.
She was spotted crying at the Dombivili railway station on Friday night by her friends, in whom she confided the trauma that she had been going through at her home.
The friends, with the help of some social organisations and NGOs, encouraged her to report the matter to police following which the victim lodged a complaint against her father and brother.
The accused were arrested by police yesterday and were produced in court which remanded them to police custody till January 3, 2013, they said.
- Dalit scholar’s death exposed inability of casteist Hindu to be modern
- Annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kemph
- Why yuan matters Indian equity markets
- R-day and the saccharine sweet patriotism
- It is clear PM’s concept of nationhood extends beyond constitutional parameters
- The sensitive and old controversy about the minority character of AMU