Father dies, 3-year-old daughter fights for life
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas files application alleging threat to life from Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs CSK: CSK lose Smith, McCullum after flying start against KXIP
A 25-year-old man, Raj Krishan died on Thursday while his three-year-old daughter suffered massive burns after a kerosene gas stove exploded in their home in Mauli Complex, Vikas Nagar.
The two were rushed to PGI emergency where doctors said that Raj Krishan had suffered 98 per cent burns while his daughter Tamanna sustained 50 percent burns.
Raj was in a critical condition when he was admitted and later succumbed to his injuries in the evening following a cardiac arrest.
However, before passing he gave a statement to the police and said that the incident was an accident.
As per police, Raj was living on the first floor of his house with his wife Chaya and daughter. Both his parents were living on the ground floor. Chaya went to the market to buy vegetables when Raj was in the kitchen with his daughter cooking a meal. The stove exploded and Raj and Tamanna were engulfed in a fire ball. Neighbors rushed to to douse the flames.
The police was informed who reached the spot and took both father and daughter to the hospital.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer