Father dies, 3-year-old daughter fights for life

A 25-year-old man, Raj Krishan died on Thursday while his three-year-old daughter suffered massive burns after a kerosene gas stove exploded in their home in Mauli Complex, Vikas Nagar.

The two were rushed to PGI emergency where doctors said that Raj Krishan had suffered 98 per cent burns while his daughter Tamanna sustained 50 percent burns.

Raj was in a critical condition when he was admitted and later succumbed to his injuries in the evening following a cardiac arrest.

However, before passing he gave a statement to the police and said that the incident was an accident.

As per police, Raj was living on the first floor of his house with his wife Chaya and daughter. Both his parents were living on the ground floor. Chaya went to the market to buy vegetables when Raj was in the kitchen with his daughter cooking a meal. The stove exploded and Raj and Tamanna were engulfed in a fire ball. Neighbors rushed to to douse the flames.

The police was informed who reached the spot and took both father and daughter to the hospital.

Please read our terms of use before posting comments
TERMS OF USE: The views, opinions and comments posted are your, and are not endorsed by this website. You shall be solely responsible for the comment posted here. The website reserves the right to delete, reject, or otherwise remove any views, opinions and comments posted or part thereof. You shall ensure that the comment is not inflammatory, abusive, derogatory, defamatory &/or obscene, or contain pornographic matter and/or does not constitute hate mail, or violate privacy of any person (s) or breach confidentiality or otherwise is illegal, immoral or contrary to public policy. Nor should it contain anything infringing copyright &/or intellectual property rights of any person(s).
comments powered by Disqus