Father evasive on Jwala Gutta divorce
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Leading badminton player of 'mixed doubles' Jwala Gutta, who has kept the grapevine buzzing with her alleged link-up with former cricket skipper Mohammed Azharuddin, will reportedly file for divorce from her husband Chetan Anand – another top badminton player in the 'singles' category.
Jwala's father Kranti Gutta told Indian Express Online: "I am neither confirming nor denying the news. Chetan is playing a tournament in Lucknow at the moment and I would not like to comment on this now. Let him finish the tournament and then they will make an announcement on what is going on."
The 26-year-old shuttler is among the top ten doubles players in the world. Her husband Chetan is not much behind either – at the 13th slot in world rankings.
The rumours about Jwala's dalliance with the former cricketer-turned-politician started soon after he stood for the post of president of the Badminton Association of India. He often visited the courts where she trained, sources said. Azhar's bid for the top post was, however, aborted as he backed out before the election.
It is understood Azhar's wife of 14 years Sangeeta Bijlani, for whom he left his first wife, has moved out of the family home and shifted base to Mumbai.
Repeated calls to Jwala Gutta elicited no response.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today