Father evasive on Jwala Gutta divorce
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Leading badminton player of 'mixed doubles' Jwala Gutta, who has kept the grapevine buzzing with her alleged link-up with former cricket skipper Mohammed Azharuddin, will reportedly file for divorce from her husband Chetan Anand – another top badminton player in the 'singles' category.
Jwala's father Kranti Gutta told Indian Express Online: "I am neither confirming nor denying the news. Chetan is playing a tournament in Lucknow at the moment and I would not like to comment on this now. Let him finish the tournament and then they will make an announcement on what is going on."
The 26-year-old shuttler is among the top ten doubles players in the world. Her husband Chetan is not much behind either – at the 13th slot in world rankings.
The rumours about Jwala's dalliance with the former cricketer-turned-politician started soon after he stood for the post of president of the Badminton Association of India. He often visited the courts where she trained, sources said. Azhar's bid for the top post was, however, aborted as he backed out before the election.
It is understood Azhar's wife of 14 years Sangeeta Bijlani, for whom he left his first wife, has moved out of the family home and shifted base to Mumbai.
Repeated calls to Jwala Gutta elicited no response.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express