Father held for kidnapping couple
- BJP defends its leadership from attack by party veterans, welcomes guidance and suggestion of 'seniors'
- Advani, Joshi, others issue statement on Bihar debacle; say party captive to handful, ask for review
- Bar bribery case: K M Mani resigns as Finance Minister of Kerala
- Govt eases FDI norms in 15 major sectors, including defence, civil aviation
- OROP: Over 2,000 war veterans return medals, Parrikar says 'behaviour unlike that of a soldier'
The UT Police, on Thursday, arrested the father of a 22-year-old girl, Shalu a resident of Ambala, who had fled with her husband Gurjeet Singh Saini (25) from their residence in Malloya on Wednesday. The girl's father has been booked on charges of abduction. A case was registered by Joginder Singh, brother of Gurjeet Singh, a native of Yamunanagar, who was allegedly kidnapped by the girl's family.
The couple got married in March 2007 and have been living at their respective homes.
The family of the girl knew about the marriage with Gurjeet. However, they fixed her marriage with someone else. Following this, the girl eloped with her husband and came and lived in Malloya.
On December 26, the couple was kidnapped from Malloya by the family of the girl and were taken to a village near Ambala.
- Borrowing costs for states with varying deficits can’t be the same
- There was a silent wave in support of Nitish and Lalu
- A new Indo-US partnership model
- Patriot or nationalist? Why I will never be the latter
- India’s external sector has never been as strong as it has been since 1991-92
- An alarming rise in pollution levels underscores the urgent need for better regulation