Father held for kidnapping couple
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR field, Southee makes his IPL debut against CSK
The UT Police, on Thursday, arrested the father of a 22-year-old girl, Shalu a resident of Ambala, who had fled with her husband Gurjeet Singh Saini (25) from their residence in Malloya on Wednesday. The girl's father has been booked on charges of abduction. A case was registered by Joginder Singh, brother of Gurjeet Singh, a native of Yamunanagar, who was allegedly kidnapped by the girl's family.
The couple got married in March 2007 and have been living at their respective homes.
The family of the girl knew about the marriage with Gurjeet. However, they fixed her marriage with someone else. Following this, the girl eloped with her husband and came and lived in Malloya.
On December 26, the couple was kidnapped from Malloya by the family of the girl and were taken to a village near Ambala.
The couple had sought protection from high court and were abducted last evening from Malloya.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'