Father held for kidnapping couple
- Sushma Swaraj rubbishes Pakistan's 4-point peace formula at UN
- US shooting: 15 dead, 20 wounded at Oregon community college; shooter detained
- Day after Dadri lynching, VP Ansari says state has to ensure right to life
- Delhi: Man shoots self at Rajiv Chowk Metro station
- BJP MP compares Modi with Gandhi, Cong says 'sycophancy at its worst'
The UT Police, on Thursday, arrested the father of a 22-year-old girl, Shalu a resident of Ambala, who had fled with her husband Gurjeet Singh Saini (25) from their residence in Malloya on Wednesday. The girl's father has been booked on charges of abduction. A case was registered by Joginder Singh, brother of Gurjeet Singh, a native of Yamunanagar, who was allegedly kidnapped by the girl's family.
The couple got married in March 2007 and have been living at their respective homes.
The family of the girl knew about the marriage with Gurjeet. However, they fixed her marriage with someone else. Following this, the girl eloped with her husband and came and lived in Malloya.
On December 26, the couple was kidnapped from Malloya by the family of the girl and were taken to a village near Ambala.