Father, stepfather, 6 others rape teenager in Kerala for a year
In yet another shocking incident of sexual abuse of minors by their kin in Kerala, a 17-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her father and seven others over a a year.
A case has been registered against the accused, including her stepfather at Paravoor police station, police said today. One accused has been taken into custody.
Autorickshaw drivers saw the girl walking on the road at night and brought her to police station. When questioned by women cops, the girl narrated her plight, they said.
In a similar incident from Ernakulam district recently, a six-year-old girl from Kurumpady was allegedly sexually abused by her 40-year-old father for six months after he would force her to drink alcohol.
Police have registered a case against the accused, who is absconding following a complaint from the girl's mother that the child's father had been sexually abusing her for the past six months. A case has been registered against the girl's father under Protection of Children against sexual offences Act and IPC section 328 (giving liquour to a minor).
There were reports of fathers sexually abusing and raping their daughters recently from Kottayam and Kannur districts as well.
In Kottayam, police had arrested a man who had been alleged sexually abused his two minor daughters for the past two years. The man, a hotel employee, has been charged under sections 376 (rape) and 377 (unnatural offences) of the IPC.
- Why my newspaper responded to Assam Rifles notice
- India is indebted to Shanti Bhushan for undoing Indira Gandhi’s 42nd Amendment
- Now that Bihar’s women have voted, what about their economic rights?
- Sedition and political speech
- Indian channels have a lot to learn from the international coverage of 13/11
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia