Father, stepfather, 6 others rape teenager in Kerala for a year
- Elections 2014 Live: Sonia Gandhi, Arvind Kejriwal cast their votes in third phase of LS polls
- Modi tukde tukde kar dega... ladaa dega, says Rahul
- Congress not aggressive enough, says Sharad Pawar
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Narendra Modi mentions wife Jashodaben in poll affidavit for first time
In yet another shocking incident of sexual abuse of minors by their kin in Kerala, a 17-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her father and seven others over a a year.
A case has been registered against the accused, including her stepfather at Paravoor police station, police said today. One accused has been taken into custody.
Autorickshaw drivers saw the girl walking on the road at night and brought her to police station. When questioned by women cops, the girl narrated her plight, they said.
In a similar incident from Ernakulam district recently, a six-year-old girl from Kurumpady was allegedly sexually abused by her 40-year-old father for six months after he would force her to drink alcohol.
Police have registered a case against the accused, who is absconding following a complaint from the girl's mother that the child's father had been sexually abusing her for the past six months. A case has been registered against the girl's father under Protection of Children against sexual offences Act and IPC section 328 (giving liquour to a minor).
There were reports of fathers sexually abusing and raping their daughters recently from Kottayam and Kannur districts as well.
In Kottayam, police had arrested a man who had been alleged sexually abused his two minor daughters for the past two years. The man, a hotel employee, has been charged under sections 376 (rape) and 377 (unnatural offences) of the IPC.
While in Dharmadom in Thalassery in Kannur district a 13-year-old girl was raped by her father, 15-year-old brother and and uncles for nearly two years. One of the accused died two days ago.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi