Father, uncle ‘kill’ 20-yr-old girl for honour, arrested
- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
Upset over his 20-year-old daughter's affair with a boy of another caste, a retired army personnel allegedly killed her with the help of his elder brother by asphyxiating her with a pillow on the intervening night of September 11 and 12.
Amritsar (Rural) Police on Thursday arrested Balwinder Singh and his brother Baldev Singh for allegedly killing Rupinder Kaur when she was asleep.
Inquiry Officer Harpal Singh said the deceased, a resident of Jandiala, was allegedly in a relationship with Sukhdev Singh (21), a resident of Jaanian village, for the past one year. Kaur belonged to Mazhabi Sikh community and her friend was from a Jat Sikh family.
"Balwinder, who retired as a sepoy from the Army, and his family were against Kaur's wish to get married to Sukhdev. On September 11, Balwinder and his brother warned Kaur that they will kill her if she continued her affair. But, the girl did not budge from her stance and also told Sukhdev over the phone that she might be killed by her family. On this, Sukhdev told her that he will take her away in a few days," the officer said.
"But Balwinder and Baldev allegedly killed her on the intervening night of September 11 and 12 using a pillow while she was sleeping," Harpal said.
He added that the police were alerted by Sukhdev. The police took the body of the girl in custody. The body was cremated on Thursday after the post mortem examination .
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18