Fatherhood inspired one of Paul Walker's final roles
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Before his death, "Fast & Furious'' star Paul Walker was drawing parallels between his real-life role as dad to 15-year-old daughter Meadow and his part as an unexpected father to a newborn baby in the upcoming Hurricane Katrina drama "Hours''.
"I think it definitely helps to have a daughter, but I think if you're a human being and you have love in your heart, you're going to find connective fibers in this,'' Walker said in a Nov. 14 interview with The Associated Press to promote the film. "There's definitely a purity and a truth to it.''
"Hours'' stars Walker and Genesis Rodriguez as a couple who rush to a New Orleans hospital after Rodriguez's character goes into early labor. When the hurricane hits the city, Walker's character finds himself stranded in an evacuated hospital with his ailing newborn daughter.
"My baby wasn't planned,'' Walker said. "I wasn't married, out of wedlock, the whole bit. (I was) finding my step with it. I'm still finding my step. I think you always are. I'm five times the father that I was five years ago. Your head's more in it. Your heart's more in it. You can't force it. You want to be better at it, just something hasn't clicked yet.''
Walker and his friend and fellow fast-car enthusiast Roger Rodas died Saturday when the 2005 Porsche Carrera GT they were traveling in smashed into a light pole and tree. The two had taken what was expected to be a brief drive away from a charity fundraiser and toy drive at Rodas' custom car shop in the Southern California community of Valencia, about 30 miles northwest of Los Angeles.
Walker starred in all but one of the six "Fast & Furious'' blockbusters. He had been on break from shooting the latest installment; Universal Pictures has not said what it plans to do with "Fast & Furious 7,'' currently slated for a July release.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express