Father-son duo face mob music for playing ‘vulgar’ music
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- India does not need a govt that makes Hindus fight Muslims: Rahul
- Giriraj Singh defiant despite FIR, says he stands by his 'Modi critics must go to Pak' remarks
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Uma Bharti says Robert Vadra will be in jail if NDA comes to power
After a youth was shot dead and five others were injured in a fracas over the loud music being played by a DJ during a marriage procession in Kaithal on Saturday night, a 60-yr-old man and his 40-yr-old son were left seriously injured in Sirsa on Sunday for playing 'obscene and vulgar' songs on their mobile phones.
Babu Singh (60) and his son Jagseer Singh (40) were attacked and pelted with bricks by a mob in Faggu village. According to the police, both were admitted to the hospital and sustained severe head and facial injuries.
"As per villagers, Babu Singh and Jagseer used to play loud and vulgar music on their mobile phones. A few villagers had been objecting to that, but both failed to pay any heed. Today morning, when both were taking a walk in the village while listening to music on their mobile phones at high pitch, a group of villagers spotted them and started pelting bricks. We have recorded the statements of the injured and shall be acting as per the law," one of the investigating officers told The Indian Express.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota