Father-son duo held for murder
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
A father-son duo were arrested on Saturday for allegedly shooting dead a youth in his 20s at Churpur village on Friday night. Police said that the accused, Kamaljeet and his father Kulwinder Kahlon, shot dead Gurmeet Singh Gogi, due to old enmity and then fled the place. They were picked up on Saturday.
According to the statement of Jatinder Singh, the victim's brother, Kamljeet had called Gurmeet and sought a meeting. When Gurmeet reached, Kamljeet was having a heated argument with one Guri, who is the victim's close friend.
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines
- The Worship of False Gods
- As Trump’s support cuts across traditional lines, Hillary Clinton has a tough task
- SH Raza He was the last of Progressive Artists’ Group titans. Only the Bindu remains
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food