Fatwa against BSP's 'Jai Bhim' slogan
- India, Pakistan to resume dialogue, says Sushma Swaraj after meeting Nawaz Sharif
- India did not respond positively to Pakistan series, says PCB chief
- PM Modi to visit Pakistan next year for SAARC summit: Sushma Swaraj
- World's first dengue fever vaccine cleared for use in Mexico: French manufacturer
- In final climate lap, Obama dials Modi after Kerry meets Javadekar
A leading Islamic seminary has issued a decree declaring the BSP slogan of 'Jai Bhim' as un-Islamic and violative of Shariat.
In the fatwa, the Dar-ul Uloom said that the slogan, invoking Dalit leader Bhimrao Ambedkar, was "against the Islamic law as the religion does not permit such a prayer for anyone except Allah".
The fatwa was issued by chief Mufti Habibur Rehman, Mufti Mehmood and Mufti Zeulislam on Saturday on a query raised by a medico M Mehraj Khan, seminary sources said.
- Bhagwat’s acknowledgement of Babasaheb’s greatness is belated and hypocritical
- Government must ensure the disabilities law reaches out to the most needy
- Developing countries must focus on right to sustainable development
- Centre-state mindset: Let's recognise that Indian polity is a Union of states
- Congress in a corner
- GST panel lays out the middle ground for resolving political differences