Faulty meters: GUVNL slaps Rs 3.2-lakh fine
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam Limited (GUVNL) officials today conducted a massive checking drive in the old city area of Vadodara and slapped fines to the tune of Rs 3.2 lakh for electricity theft.
As many as 53 teams of engineers of GUVNL and Madhya Gujarat Vij Company Limited (MGVCL) checked domestic and commercial electricity meters in Fatehpura, Panigate, Hathikhana and Jubili Baug areas. They found 22 meters were tempered with, said a GUVNL additional chief engineer (Vigilance), adding that connections to all these meters were snapped.