FE@CAMPUS MASTERMIND: Response by Amit Motwani to question for Jan 14-20
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
Response to question for Jan 14-20: WILL INVESTMENT IN INDIA PICK UP ONCE ENVIRONMENTAL CLEARANCES START COMING THROUGH?
Environment is the true green about the future and not just about greening the bank balance.
The finance minister has to find the balance between green money and a green environment. India is a consumption story and we need to be careful. Growth is not just about GDP and Inflation but about respecting the environment.
The world needs India because of the sheer population and this is where growth is real .The Indian story is about getting mature and money is waiting to enter India. Money is always there and it always chases an area.
We need sharp thinking and not quick thinking.
The opposition has to be mature and not just oppose the government just for no reason. Oppositions need to mature and balance their views.
Environment clearances are often held up just to please a few people. The poor need to be educated about the positive effect of growth and not get influenced by environment so called intellectuals.We live in a world of commerce and money.The barter system is not real and reality is growth with reason. We need to push aside the pseudo intellectuals and go ahead.The environment is a delicate issue but we need to feed and create jobs for millions.We cannot be too rigid with thinking because it will lead to nowhere.
(This entry is part of our FE MASTERMIND contest. The views expressed in this article are personal and not that of the newspaper.)
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy
- At Dangs Darbar, tribal kings complain of neglect, apathy
- In a first, Centre asks NGO to monitor teacher education
- New high for TV news: Anchor announces news dept going on strike
- Pawar, Chavan to launch NCP-Cong poll campaign in Pune on March 18
- Gurgaon has highest number of young voters in Haryana