FE@CAMPUS MASTERMIND: Response by Amit Motwani to question for Jan 21-27
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Narendra Modi slams Jayanti Natarajan; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Elections 2014 Phase 5: The five big battles
Finance is often hyped in a real world. Sometimes news gets exaggerated but we rarely see a true effort.
India was struggling with its Oil Bill and yet we had a President who believed austerity is not about values but about selfish needs.She spent a lot of money and this was a clear case of free money. India hosted the CWG games ,when the same amount could have been used to revamp the rail system for the next 50 years. Austerity is a myth.Governments always spend because they are not about running a business.They fund themselves from taxes and have no value of something called time.The taxpayer pays but governments never value the efforts put in by the citizen.Had governments functioned like a business,things would have been different.Money is wasted by leaders and ministers because they do not how to earn it.The PM talks about austerity but he takes his family for tours. They know they are being funded by other peoples money but seem less concerned.Unless ministers understand the value of time in the context of the working man,austerity will be a joke.The future hopeful Mr Rahul Gandhi talks about change but he needs to work in a normal job before understanding life and its real context.Realisation can only come if guilt is felt but governments never realise this. The taxpayer is the scapegoat and selfish leaders are the lions.
(This entry is part of our FE MASTERMIND contest. The views expressed in this article are personal and not that of the newspaper.)
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18