FE@CAMPUS MASTERMIND: Response by Amit Motwani to question for Jan 7-13
- Siachen avalanche: Lance Naik Hanamanthappa passes away three days after miraculous rescue
- Dr RK Pachauri goes on leave as TERI Chancellor, won't attend March 7 convocation
- Ishrat Jahan's mother on Headley deposition: Ploy by those guilty to salvage their names
- Write-offs a scam, small loans rarely in it, says former RBI Deputy Governor
- David Headley received money from ISI, LeT and Dr Rana
Response to question for Jan 7-13: WHAT WOULD BE THE IMMEDIATE BENEFITS, AND FOR WHOM?
The benefits of FDI are not about saving traders and middlemen but about the ultimate consumer. The consumer is the final chain link but the most important one. FDI is not about profits but about giving the consumer a fair deal. The consumer needs to be treated with respect.
He pays the bucks and is not concerned about saving jobs. He wants quality and affordability. Every citizen who pays taxes needs respect and the immediate benefits of FDI.
If FDI can control inflation and give consumers value then why bother about the middleman.
We often get cheated on weight buy the middleman and hawkers. They claim to want clarity and jobs but most of them cheat on weight. They pass of 900 gms as I kg and we the consumers get cheated. If I as a consumer can get value and a fair price with honest weight then I will feel secure. Just because we need to pander to middlemen, we end up scapegoats. FDI is not about glamour but about necessity.Indian retailers rarely give you a fair deal and even a Foodbazaar makes a claim about wholesale price but we all know the final result. FDI is about the consumer finally.