FE@CAMPUS MASTERMIND: Response by Prakash Mohan Markar to question for Jan 21-27
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
- Wary of Muslim âdisapprovalâ, Mamata doesnât meet US envoy
- Telangana bill passage shows country can take difficult decisions: Prime Minister
- The 2012 troop movement investigations
- In city of Taj, American-Indian love story ends in tragedy
Instead of reducing the ratio of Debt to the size of overall economy, this strategy increases the ratio because it causes the economy to shrinks even faster.
Greece is already in the austerity death trap. Spain and Italy are perilously close. Even Britain, France and Germany are trap toeing up to it.
Deficit hawks have to understand that the first step must be to revive Growth and Jobs. That way, Revenue increases and Debt/GDP Ratio drops only then- when the economy is back on trap.
(This entry is part of our FE MASTERMIND contest. The views expressed in this article are personal and not that of the newspaper.)
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- Anna Hazare says, I support Mamata Banerjee for her ideas
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly