FE@CAMPUS MASTERMIND: Response by Ragini Bhargava to question for Jan 14-20
- Govt will not allow any religious group to incite hatred, says PM Modi
- Miraculous escape for Air India plane with 194 on board
- Sahara moves SC for extension of facilities to Roy in jail
- Eight killed in blast outside police complex in Pakistan
- World Cup 2015: Supreme Court asks Prasar Bharti to examine feasibility of a new channel
Environment clearance is a permission granted by the government to the company before starting up of any project. It is management tool for ensuring the optimal use of natural resources for sustainable development. Environmental Management or planning is the study of the unintended consequences of a project. Its purpose is to identify, examine, assess and evaluate the likely and probable impacts of a proposed project on the environment and, thereby, to work out remedial action plans to minimize adverse impact on the environment.
But only getting an environmental clearance dosen't give you the permission to start a business in India. There are number of factors to be considered before commencing a business in India. The issues concerned like:
*Dealing with Construction Permits
*Trading across borders
And many other issues have to be addressed thus saying that only the environmental clearance issues would bring in investment into India would be not appropriate.
SIES College of Management
(This entry is part of our FE MASTERMIND contest. The views expressed in this article are personal and not that of the newspaper.)