FE@CAMPUS MASTERMIND: Response by Ragini Bhargava to question for Jan 14-20
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
Environment clearance is a permission granted by the government to the company before starting up of any project. It is management tool for ensuring the optimal use of natural resources for sustainable development. Environmental Management or planning is the study of the unintended consequences of a project. Its purpose is to identify, examine, assess and evaluate the likely and probable impacts of a proposed project on the environment and, thereby, to work out remedial action plans to minimize adverse impact on the environment.
But only getting an environmental clearance dosen't give you the permission to start a business in India. There are number of factors to be considered before commencing a business in India. The issues concerned like:
*Dealing with Construction Permits
*Trading across borders
And many other issues have to be addressed thus saying that only the environmental clearance issues would bring in investment into India would be not appropriate.
SIES College of Management
(This entry is part of our FE MASTERMIND contest. The views expressed in this article are personal and not that of the newspaper.)