Fearing molestation, woman jumps out of vehicle
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
A 21-year-old woman jumped out of a moving autorickshaw, fearing a molestation attempt by the lone male passenger travelling with her late Tuesday night in Madhapur area of Cyberabad. The woman got into the six-seater shared autorickshaw at Aiyappa Society near Ameerpet at around 10 pm, but by the time it reached Madhapur, the IT hub, all the other passengers had got off and the woman found herself alone in the back seat with a male passenger, who had earlier been sitting beside the driver. She apparently panicked when the man shifted to the back seat and the driver turned into a lane that was not enroute Madhapur. The woman then jumped out of the vehicle near the IIIT junction. She sustained head injuries. A software engineer, taking the same route, took her to a hospital from where she was shifted to Apollo Hospital.
Cyberabad Police Commissioner D Tirumala Rao said a probe did not rule out the possibility of a crime being committed by the autorickshaw driver and the male passenger.