Fearing molestation, woman jumps out of vehicle
- Patel row: Army conducts flag march to restore peace; seven dead in violence
- I know the exact cause of Sheena's murder: Indrani's son Mikhail Bora
- 26/11 Mumbai attack: Pakistan FIA did not probe role of Hafiz Saeed and David Headley
- Two US television journalists shot dead during live show; gunman dies in hospital
- OROP: Ex-servicemen say govt short changing them, dismiss its proposal
A 21-year-old woman jumped out of a moving autorickshaw, fearing a molestation attempt by the lone male passenger travelling with her late Tuesday night in Madhapur area of Cyberabad. The woman got into the six-seater shared autorickshaw at Aiyappa Society near Ameerpet at around 10 pm, but by the time it reached Madhapur, the IT hub, all the other passengers had got off and the woman found herself alone in the back seat with a male passenger, who had earlier been sitting beside the driver. She apparently panicked when the man shifted to the back seat and the driver turned into a lane that was not enroute Madhapur. The woman then jumped out of the vehicle near the IIIT junction. She sustained head injuries. A software engineer, taking the same route, took her to a hospital from where she was shifted to Apollo Hospital.