FE@CAMPUS MASTERMIND: Response by Amit Motwani to question for Jan 7-13
- FIR against Giriraj Singh for Modi-Pak remark, BJP pulls him up
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Malaysian Airlines flight to Bangalore makes air turnback, lands safely
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- IPL 7: Glen Maxwell plays another blinder, leads KXIP to stunning win
Response to question for Jan 7-13: WHAT WOULD BE THE IMMEDIATE BENEFITS, AND FOR WHOM?
The benefits of FDI are not about saving traders and middlemen but about the ultimate consumer. The consumer is the final chain link but the most important one. FDI is not about profits but about giving the consumer a fair deal. The consumer needs to be treated with respect.
He pays the bucks and is not concerned about saving jobs. He wants quality and affordability. Every citizen who pays taxes needs respect and the immediate benefits of FDI.
If FDI can control inflation and give consumers value then why bother about the middleman.
We often get cheated on weight buy the middleman and hawkers. They claim to want clarity and jobs but most of them cheat on weight. They pass of 900 gms as I kg and we the consumers get cheated. If I as a consumer can get value and a fair price with honest weight then I will feel secure. Just because we need to pander to middlemen, we end up scapegoats. FDI is not about glamour but about necessity.Indian retailers rarely give you a fair deal and even a Foodbazaar makes a claim about wholesale price but we all know the final result. FDI is about the consumer finally.
(This entry is part of our FE MASTERMIND contest. The views expressed in this article are personal and not that of the newspaper.)
- One card for Metro, DTC and cluster buses gets Lt-Governor’s green light
- Tech graduate shoots at man ‘talking loudly’
- Gun attack kills 3 in eastern Ukraine, breaks Easter truce
- ED acting at behest of PC: Bengal govt
- Delhi policemen beaten up in Pataudi village
- J&K cops leave poll staff ‘stuck in snow, fly away with EVMs’