Feeling ‘suffocated’, Shikha waits for suspension letter
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RCB vs MI: MI struggle to 115/9 against RCB
Two days after the news of her suspension from the party, Trinamool Congress MLA Sikha Mitra on Friday said she is yet to be officially communicated about it.
A senior leader close to her, said she was feeling "suffocated" in the party and wants to "get rid of it as soon as possible".
"We are waiting for the suspension letter. But it has not reached us till now. I have been seeing what is happening in the party and how senior leaders in the party are being insulted," said Trinamool MP and Shikha's husband Somen Mitra. "But I am concerned about my wife. I have told her to wait till the suspension letter comes. And we will take decision after going through the reasons cited for the suspension," he added.
Meanwhile, senior party leaders are tightlipped over the suspension order of Mitra. "We cannot comment. We have been told not to speak to media but she did not adhere to the instruction. The party leadership has taken the incident seriously and termed it as indiscipline and violation of party rules. This is the reason behind her suspension," a senior leader said.