Feeling ‘suffocated’, Shikha waits for suspension letter
- No permission for Gujarat roadshow: Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention
- RJD, Congress agree on seat-sharing deal for Bihar
- Supreme Court takes suo motu cognisance of ink attack on Subrata Roy
- Rahul slams BJP, says party wants to vest power in one person
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
Two days after the news of her suspension from the party, Trinamool Congress MLA Sikha Mitra on Friday said she is yet to be officially communicated about it.
A senior leader close to her, said she was feeling "suffocated" in the party and wants to "get rid of it as soon as possible".
"We are waiting for the suspension letter. But it has not reached us till now. I have been seeing what is happening in the party and how senior leaders in the party are being insulted," said Trinamool MP and Shikha's husband Somen Mitra. "But I am concerned about my wife. I have told her to wait till the suspension letter comes. And we will take decision after going through the reasons cited for the suspension," he added.
Meanwhile, senior party leaders are tightlipped over the suspension order of Mitra. "We cannot comment. We have been told not to speak to media but she did not adhere to the instruction. The party leadership has taken the incident seriously and termed it as indiscipline and violation of party rules. This is the reason behind her suspension," a senior leader said.
- Four yrs on, 12-yr-old heart patient awaits surgery date at KEM hospital
- A month later, no headway in ‘robbery’ case filed by US national
- E-way users to continue paying toll after 2019
- ED attaches assets worth Rs 863 crore of Jagan, aides
- Hawkers might soon get new space — rly station skywalks
- Modi fans vs Joshi fans in battle for Varanasi