Feeling ‘suffocated’, Shikha waits for suspension letter
- AgustaWestland row: TMC MP Roy asked to withdraw from Rajya Sabha for the day
- KG Basin issue: Opposition demands PM Modi respond to CAG report
- AgustaWestland case: CBI questions ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi
- Uttarakhand fire: Affected areas down by over 70%, says NDRF
- Delhi: Taxi drivers protest against SC ban on diesel vehicles, block traffic
Two days after the news of her suspension from the party, Trinamool Congress MLA Sikha Mitra on Friday said she is yet to be officially communicated about it.
A senior leader close to her, said she was feeling "suffocated" in the party and wants to "get rid of it as soon as possible".
"We are waiting for the suspension letter. But it has not reached us till now. I have been seeing what is happening in the party and how senior leaders in the party are being insulted," said Trinamool MP and Shikha's husband Somen Mitra. "But I am concerned about my wife. I have told her to wait till the suspension letter comes. And we will take decision after going through the reasons cited for the suspension," he added.
- ‘Gurugram’ seeks to return to some imagined monkish moment
- All possible readings of the law suggest a university can be a minority institution
- It’s time to end the double standards that favour men across religions
- Kanak Dixit’s arrest comes at a time of serious questioning of the judiciary
- In the right environment
- Government should back CJI on idea of a Court of Appeal