FEMA notification on FDI needs nod of only one House: Nath
The FEMA notification dealing with FDI in retail has to be passed by only one House of Parliament, parliamentary affairs minister Kamal Nath has claimed belying the Opposition stand that the decision cannot be implemented if it falls in Rajya Sabha, where UPA lacks majority. "If one House has passed it, it passes. It does not need both Houses to pass it. That's what is prescribed in the rules," he told Karan Thapar on Devil's Advocate. CPI-M leader Sitaram Yechury had said that as per rules, FEMA notification on allowing 51% FDI has to be laid and passed in both Houses of Parliament.
- RTI reveals ‘flaws’ in preparation of poll rolls
- Post poll, parties do seat maths
- Cops speak for Pawar: ‘He didn’t threaten voters’
- Industrial bodies announce boycott of Bains
- EC issues notices to Bittu, Ayali
- Punjab dairy board asks for Rs 1.4 lakh for 70,000-page RTI reply, later delivers a few 100 pages ‘free of cost’