FEMA notification on FDI needs nod of only one House: Nath
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
- Presidential delay in mercy petitions: SC won't reconsider verdict
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
The FEMA notification dealing with FDI in retail has to be passed by only one House of Parliament, parliamentary affairs minister Kamal Nath has claimed belying the Opposition stand that the decision cannot be implemented if it falls in Rajya Sabha, where UPA lacks majority. "If one House has passed it, it passes. It does not need both Houses to pass it. That's what is prescribed in the rules," he told Karan Thapar on Devil's Advocate. CPI-M leader Sitaram Yechury had said that as per rules, FEMA notification on allowing 51% FDI has to be laid and passed in both Houses of Parliament.