Female bodyguard of Muammar Gaddafi killed in Egypt
- Concept of marital rape cannot be applied in India: Centre
- VIDEO: Out of control unmanned Russian spacecraft plunging to Earth
- Rahul Gandhi accuses govt of not procuring farmers produce
- Coal scam: CBI files charge sheet against Naveen Jindal, 14 others
- Quake victims vent their anger during PM Koirala's visit; toll tops 6,000
Egyptian authorities are investigating the killing of a former female bodyguard of ousted Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi. She was found stabbed to death in her Cairo apartment.
Egyptian officials said yesterday Zahraa al-Bouaishi, 31, was found dead in a pool of blood in her apartment in Nasr City district in Cairo over the weekend.
Authorities suspect al-Bouaishi's brother. The officials said al-Bouaishi was planning to begin an acting career in Cairo, considered a disgrace by some in her family. The officials were speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to reporters.
Al-Bouaishi defected from Gaddafi's regime, then helped the rebels and international allies with information about of his forces' weapons caches. She later moved to Cairo from Tunisia.