Female foetus found on Noorwala road
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A female foetus was found in a vacant plot on Noorwala road on Sunday. The residents informed Basti Jodhewal police and the foetus was later sent to Civil Hospital for post-mortem examination.
The dogs were tearing away the foetus when some residents saw it, an eyewitness said.
The police registered a case under section 318 (concealment of birth by secret disposal of dead body) of IPC against unidentified persons.
Inspector Gurpreet Singh, SHO at the Basti Jodhewal police station, said they are inquiring from all hospitals, mid-wives and nursing homes in adjoining areas about any woman who delivered a baby girl in the past few hours or got an abortion done.
On January 2, a teenage boy had thrown a new born girl in the commode of Juneja Hospital in Daba.
The girl was adopted by Swami Ganga Nand Bhuri Wale Foundation, Talwandi Dham on the next day. Despite CCTV footage from hospital, police has failed to arrest the accused till now.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express