Female foetus found on Noorwala road
- LIVE: Rahul Gandhi returns to Delhi from sabbatical
- The two critical by-poll results which were overlooked
- 80 crore youth, 160 crore strong hands. What can we not achieve?
- Corporate war between media house, operator confounding net neutrality debate: TRAI chief Rahul Khullar
- Military institute student to son of ex-judge, Islamic State taps Dhaka gen-next
A female foetus was found in a vacant plot on Noorwala road on Sunday. The residents informed Basti Jodhewal police and the foetus was later sent to Civil Hospital for post-mortem examination.
The dogs were tearing away the foetus when some residents saw it, an eyewitness said.
The police registered a case under section 318 (concealment of birth by secret disposal of dead body) of IPC against unidentified persons.
Inspector Gurpreet Singh, SHO at the Basti Jodhewal police station, said they are inquiring from all hospitals, mid-wives and nursing homes in adjoining areas about any woman who delivered a baby girl in the past few hours or got an abortion done.
On January 2, a teenage boy had thrown a new born girl in the commode of Juneja Hospital in Daba.
The girl was adopted by Swami Ganga Nand Bhuri Wale Foundation, Talwandi Dham on the next day. Despite CCTV footage from hospital, police has failed to arrest the accused till now.