Female foetus found on Noorwala road
- Advani on Emergency: Opposition says fears valid, attacks Modi govt
- Partition was British guilt, Emergency is ours: Advani
- Suspect in Charleston church shooting arrested who killed nine people
- BJP not embarrassed by Sushma-Modi row, says Sadananda Gowda
- Kerala: Solar scam convicts get three years of imprisonment
A female foetus was found in a vacant plot on Noorwala road on Sunday. The residents informed Basti Jodhewal police and the foetus was later sent to Civil Hospital for post-mortem examination.
The dogs were tearing away the foetus when some residents saw it, an eyewitness said.
The police registered a case under section 318 (concealment of birth by secret disposal of dead body) of IPC against unidentified persons.
Inspector Gurpreet Singh, SHO at the Basti Jodhewal police station, said they are inquiring from all hospitals, mid-wives and nursing homes in adjoining areas about any woman who delivered a baby girl in the past few hours or got an abortion done.
On January 2, a teenage boy had thrown a new born girl in the commode of Juneja Hospital in Daba.
The girl was adopted by Swami Ganga Nand Bhuri Wale Foundation, Talwandi Dham on the next day. Despite CCTV footage from hospital, police has failed to arrest the accused till now.