- IPL spot-fixing: Delhi court drops charges against S Sreesanth and two other cricketers
- Nitish Kumar gets back at Modi, accuses him for 'not honouring promises'
- Major decisions on revision of role of women in armed forces on the anvil: Manohar Parrikar
- Congress, TMC and BJD to seek total withdrawal of NDA's land bill
- Never sought travel documents for Lalit Modi, says Sushma Swaraj
If Veronica of Cocktail had you mesmerised, Elena of Race 2 ensured that you had eyes for no one else on the big screen. The stunning Deepika Padukone reveals to Screen on what it means to play the ultimate seductress
With Race 2 opening at Rs 15.12 crores, the biggest for a film this January, Deepika Padukone, who played the beautiful and shrewd busineswoman Elena with precision and chutzpah,is thrilled. The leggy actress, who made a stunning debut with Om Shanti Om and continued the winning streak with Love Aaj Kal, Desi Boyz and Cocktail, looks poised for more with upcoming films like Ram Leela, Chennai Express and Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani
Did you expect the stupendous opening that Race 2 has got?
* I had a fair idea how the film would shape up, and the response it would get, but it is certainly so much bigger and better than I had imagined.
The film has an interesting cast -Anil Kapoor, John Abraham, Saif Ali Khan, Ameesha Patel and Jacqueline Fernandez. How was it working in an ensemble cast?
* I never view a film differently because it has an ensemble cast. At the end of the day, you are telling a story. Race 2 is the kind of film that needed several characters to tell the story effectively. As you must have noticed everyone in the film is an integral part of the story.
How hard or easy was it to play Elena the intelligent shrewd businesswoman, who uses her physical charms to seduce Saif to get her work done?
* Like my character Veronica in Cocktail, Elena was also exciting and challenging as it was very different from what I am in real life, and what I have done before. Elena's body language had to spell out the intentions of a seductress. For me, sexiness is more about attitude than luring a man with one's physical charm, so it was tough to get the body language right.