Fergie insists Manchester United not 'one man van Persie team'
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson has said that the club is nota one man Robin van Persie team. van Persie, 29, has made a stunning start to his Old Trafford career, scoring 21 goals, including 10 in his last 10 games, but Fergie reckoned that United are not overly reliant on the Dutchman.
According to the Sun, the Scot said that he did not go along with the idea that they have become a one-man team. He said that there was a time in history when Eric Cantona kept them in contention with his goals when a few others were off the boil, but things are quite different now. He added that Javier Hernandez has weighed in with 12 goals while Wayne Rooney is currently on nine.
According to the report, two defenders, Johnny Evans and Patrice Evra, have chipped in with eight between them so it doesn't stand up to see us as a one-man band overly dependent on Van Persie, brilliant as he has been at both making and taking goals. Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini earlier this month had said that missing out on signing Van Persie could cost his side the title. And Fergie agrees with his rival that the 22 million pounds hit man could be the difference come May.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun