Ferocious Dale Steyn prefers to avoid spotlight
- Hate speeches: Modi breaks his silence, says petty statements by 'BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sharad Pawar attacks Narendra Modi over 'power concentration' in one man
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- Centre calls off trip over China no to Arunachal youth
- How is it our responsibility to stop Modi, ask Faizabadâs Muslims
Of players with 300 or more test wickets, no-one has a better strike-rate than Steyn's of a wicket every 41 balls.
But what makes him certainly the best quick of his generation is not just his pace, but the ability to get the ball to do what he wants.
His career best figures came in India when he took seven for 51 in Nagpur on a flat wicket in 2010.
The conditions were not suited to him, but when the wicket offers little pace, he turns to swing, bounce and seam movement.
"When it is coming out nicely then speed becomes less important because you just let the ball do the work," he said.
"A couple of years ago I was conscious of strike rates and always wanted to take wickets to lead the attack. This attack is led by everyone.
"Morne Morkel has opened the bowling on a number of occasions and Vernon has stepped in and stood up to the plate.
"Jacques Kallis is a legend in his own right and we have had some good spinners.
"We are enjoying our cricket and that helps you to be successful. As long as the team is winning that is the most important thing."
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready