Feroze, 3 who stayed with him in Kasarwadi flat identified in jail
- LIVE: Modi holds rally on Nitish Kumar's turf; shares stage with Ram Vilas Paswan
- JD(U) rules out tie-up, Lalu starts own campaign, clock ticks down for Congress
- Judge among 11 dead in Pakistan court in alleged suicide attack
- Pandemonium in J&K Assembly over Farooq Abdullah's comment on Kashmiris
- Rahul Gandhi's ordinance shortcut loses way
Feroze Sayyed (38), the IM suspect arrested by the Delhi police for the Jangli Maharaj Road blasts on August 1, has been identified as the one who took a flat on rent in Kasarwadi area of Pimpri Chinchwad, ATS sources said. Three others arrested by the State ATS were also identified during a test identification parade (TIP) at Arthur Road jail in Mumbai last month.
The TIP came to light after residents of Kasarwadi discussed the recent visit of the ATS to the area. The ATS had picked up the flat owner, and the agent who had taken the suspect to the owner. Real estate agent Gopi Parekh, however, refused to speak anything about it. "I am too terrified to speak on the matter. Please do not drag me... Whatever I have to say I have told the police. I do not want to reveal anything further," he said. He, however, confirmed he and the flat owner were taken to Mumbai by an ATS team for the TIP. "Yes, we were taken to Mumbai, but won't say anything further."
When contacted, State ATS chief Rakesh Maria confirmed that an identification parade of the IM suspects was held recently in Mumbai. He refused to divulge anything more. "Under the law, it is not allowed to reveal names of people who identify the perpetrators. Therefore, we will not reveal who identified whom," Maria said.
ATS has so far caught eight suspects. ATS sources said, "Feroze Sayyed and three others who stayed in the flat at Kasarwadi were identified. Feroze was the first to be identified, followed by three others who stayed with him."
As many as 27 people from different parts of the state were brought to Arthur Road jail for the identification parade, they said.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today
- Won’t return to NDA even if Narendra Modi is not PM candidate: JD(U)