Ferozepur road parking: Wave Mall, LSE on HC radar
- Election LIVE: Congress releases second list of candidates for 71 seats
- Supreme Court denies bail for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi HC upholds death sentence of four convicts
- US investigators suspect missing Malaysia jetliner flew for hours after losing contact
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
In its orders on the Ferozepur road parking issue, the Punjab and Haryana High Court on Wednesday told the Ludhiana police and administration to get the parking lot cleared in front of Westend Mall (Wave). The court asked the authorities to clear parking and other encroachments in front of the mall. The HC for the first time appreciated the efforts of the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation and traffic police in getting illegal parking removed and starting paid parking terming it a "welcome move". The court also asked chairman of Ludhiana Stock Exchange (LSE) V P Gaur and security officer of LSE to be present during the next date of hearing on December 11 as they had not allowed the local commissioners to enter the basement parking on November 27.