- If Pakistan has sympathy for Kashmiri youth, they shouldn’t provoke them to attack army camps: Mehbooba Mufti
- Dhaka cafe attack mastermind, 2 others killed in police encounter
- Rio 2016 review: What they did at home, what in Olympics
- Buzz of change in Maldives, Mohammed Nasheed flies secretly to Lanka
- Kashmir: Police constable shot dead by terrorists
Vastra Diwali, a cloth distribution program for under privileged children of Ramanagar slums in Warje, Malwadi was organised by Priya Marathi, yesterday. The initiative was to cheer-up children of economical weak parents living in the area. Around 150 children received branded ready-made clothes worth Rs. 40,000. The program was held with the cooperation of Nirmaya, an NGO working for under privileged children in Warje. "Every Diwali we celebrate Vastra Diwali in Pune's slums areas and this is the fourth year that we have held this programme," said Satyendra Rati of Priya Marathi.
Job Fare to be held
Project Disha, an initiative by CSR Pune will be holding a job fare on November 24 and 25. The endevour is being supported by the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) and Karve Institute of Social Sciences. Aimed at providing job opportunities to unemployed youngsters, dropouts, micro entrepreneurs, students seeking earn and learn opportunities and women the project aims to create 10,000 jobs over the next two years. Amongst others it will provide career counselling, building skills, create entrepreneurship opportunities and even mentor the people. For those who are unskilled they will be providing them with an enrollment opportunity at vocational training centres to make them fit for jobs.
CybageAsha organises drive
CybageAsha, the CSR wing of Cybage had a Diwali donation drive at their corporate office premises in Kalyani Nagar on November 8. Under its welfare project, CybageAsha will be donating a substantial amount to Radha Medical Trust, Spandan Pratishthan, Savali, Navkshitij, and Swa-Roopwardhnee. The main aim of the drive was to help the five NGO's in their work towards the underpreveilaged.
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.
- The draft surrogacy bill violates the fundamental right of people to choose modes of parenthood
- Realpolitik drives Myanmar’s outreach to India and China
- Epidemics in India are seldom followed by a long-term response
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within