- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul Gandhi tells Narendra Modi: 'Ullu' banana band karo
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: Malinga draws first blood for MI, castles Gambhir
Vastra Diwali, a cloth distribution program for under privileged children of Ramanagar slums in Warje, Malwadi was organised by Priya Marathi, yesterday. The initiative was to cheer-up children of economical weak parents living in the area. Around 150 children received branded ready-made clothes worth Rs. 40,000. The program was held with the cooperation of Nirmaya, an NGO working for under privileged children in Warje. "Every Diwali we celebrate Vastra Diwali in Pune's slums areas and this is the fourth year that we have held this programme," said Satyendra Rati of Priya Marathi.
Job Fare to be held
Project Disha, an initiative by CSR Pune will be holding a job fare on November 24 and 25. The endevour is being supported by the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) and Karve Institute of Social Sciences. Aimed at providing job opportunities to unemployed youngsters, dropouts, micro entrepreneurs, students seeking earn and learn opportunities and women the project aims to create 10,000 jobs over the next two years. Amongst others it will provide career counselling, building skills, create entrepreneurship opportunities and even mentor the people. For those who are unskilled they will be providing them with an enrollment opportunity at vocational training centres to make them fit for jobs.
CybageAsha organises drive