- Earthquake of magnitude 6.0 hits Afghanistan, tremors felt in north india
- Modi sarkar on right track to bring 'achche din': LK Advani
- Army officer injured in encounter with militants in J&K's Kupwara district
- Modi in Malaysia: Religion should be delinked from terror, says PM
- US 'will not relent' in Islamic State campaign, says Barack Obama
Vastra Diwali, a cloth distribution program for under privileged children of Ramanagar slums in Warje, Malwadi was organised by Priya Marathi, yesterday. The initiative was to cheer-up children of economical weak parents living in the area. Around 150 children received branded ready-made clothes worth Rs. 40,000. The program was held with the cooperation of Nirmaya, an NGO working for under privileged children in Warje. "Every Diwali we celebrate Vastra Diwali in Pune's slums areas and this is the fourth year that we have held this programme," said Satyendra Rati of Priya Marathi.
Job Fare to be held
Project Disha, an initiative by CSR Pune will be holding a job fare on November 24 and 25. The endevour is being supported by the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) and Karve Institute of Social Sciences. Aimed at providing job opportunities to unemployed youngsters, dropouts, micro entrepreneurs, students seeking earn and learn opportunities and women the project aims to create 10,000 jobs over the next two years. Amongst others it will provide career counselling, building skills, create entrepreneurship opportunities and even mentor the people. For those who are unskilled they will be providing them with an enrollment opportunity at vocational training centres to make them fit for jobs.
CybageAsha organises drive
CybageAsha, the CSR wing of Cybage had a Diwali donation drive at their corporate office premises in Kalyani Nagar on November 8. Under its welfare project, CybageAsha will be donating a substantial amount to Radha Medical Trust, Spandan Pratishthan, Savali, Navkshitij, and Swa-Roopwardhnee. The main aim of the drive was to help the five NGO's in their work towards the underpreveilaged.
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance
- Slogans should be backed with appropriate strategies, else they remain showbiz
- Ideas seem to be the BJP’s enemy, whether from within or from without
- No country is ready to send boots on the ground, thus ensuring the survival of the IS
- Bad monsoon memories
- Across the aisle: A flat growth rate indicates India's economy is in poor shape