Few players can score 200 with this strike-rate: Virat Kohli
- Maoists kill at least 7 poll officials, seven others in twin attack in Chhattisgarh
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over 'Kargil won by Muslim soldiers' remark
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- Did not get personal with Narendra Modi, says Rahul Gandhi
"As a batsman you would love to get big runs when you score a century under tough situations you do not want to throw away. Today, I decided to go for the shot that is why I did not hold myself back. I got too close to the ball and did not get required elevation. One can only learn from mistakes and perhaps next time, it will be different and I will try and erase all these errors," he commented on his dismissal.
Kohli insisted that there wasn't any specific plan to counter the Australian quicks.
"There was no plan. He did not want to talk about the game. He just talked about something else to me. He was pretty calm and relaxed and he was doing well and did not want to talk about the game. He is one of the few guys who plays well in every format and hats off to him to be so fit in all three formats of the game."
Asked about the condition of the pitch, Kohli stated," Yesterday was the easiest day to bat on this wicket. After the fresh wicket on Friday, it evened out a bit on the second day. When we came this morning to bat on, two balls I remember went under the bat and one went other way. I was a bit surprised as how the wicket was just coming off.
"If they had more slow bowlers in the team, you could have seen the difference of that wicket. I think the spinners could get lot of turn and bounce tomorrow with the hard ball and the wicket getting roughed up by the day is going to important in this Test match. It is just matter of bowling in the right areas and have purchase of the wicket."
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit