Fifth of Brits admit sex is the only exercise they get
- Myanmar says operation on militants was on Indian side of border
- Somnath Bharti's wife accuses him of domestic violence, DCW issues notice
- Debt-stressed Punjab farmer, who met Rahul Gandhi, commits suicide
- Jitender Tomar did not graduate from our varsity: RML Awadh University
- Railways staggers tatkal booking to ease pressure, upto 50 pc refund on cancellation
A fifth of Brits have admitted that sex is the only strenuous exercise they get in an average week.
According to a survey of more than 1,800 members of the public, the majority of Brits shun exercise entirely, with time between the sheets with their partners the only occasion they ever raise their heart rate., the Daily Mail reported.
But despite their reluctance to get hot and sweaty anywhere outside the bedroom, 87 per cent said they were unhappy with their physique and 74 per cent said they would like to improve their fitness.
Sweatband.com''s research into the nation''s fitness habits found that three fifths of Brits don''t exercise at all.
According to the results, women are less likely to exercise than men, with just a third of females questioned claiming that they exercised at least once each week compared to 44 per cent of men.
Aside from sex, the most popular forms of exercise were running, cycling and swimming.