Who will host Sachin Tendulkar's 200th Test match?
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Mumbai Cricket Association wants to host what would be senior batsman Sachin Tendulkar's 200th Test match against the West Indies in November at the Wankhede Stadium.
If MCA gets to host the second match of the series at Tendulkar's home ground, it would be an out of turn allotment as per the Cricket Board's rotation policy. Also Read: Sachin set to reach 200 Test mark at Wankhede
"We want to host Sachin's 200th Test match at the Wankhede Stadium even though it may not be our turn to do so. We will be sending a formal request to the BCCI to allot the second Test to us," MCA Joint Secretary Nitin Dalal told PTI on Wednesday. Also Read: Backyard venue for Sachin's 200
The BCCI has decided to squeeze in this short tour by the West Indies though it's not in the Future Tours Programme of the International Cricket Council. India was scheduled to tour South Africa around November as per the itinerary drawn up by Cricket South Africa. Also Read: Sachin Tendulkar is not thinking about 200th Test
The Tour, Programmes and Fixtures Committee of the Board will meet soon to draw up the schedule of the tour which is expected to comprise two Tests and three ODIs. PHOTOS: Sachin unveils BMW 1 Series
Tendulkar is two short of completing 200 Test appearances and the short visit by the Caribbean cricketers offers the batting great the ideal opportunity to reach yet another landmark, which is unlikely to be surpassed any time soon, in the 40-year-old Mumbaikar's illustrious career.
An appearance in his 200th Test at his home ground would be the icing on the cake for the batsman, who has retired from ODIs and T20 Internationals.
West Indies accept India's invitation
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express