Fight for Telangana: Fresh complaints lodged against union ministers, Sonia Gandhi
- ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi killed in US-led airstrikes in Syria: Reports
- Why the analysis behind the latest Chinese transgression in Arunachal Pradesh is misleading
- Among PM Narendra Modi’s 7-point code for BJP, restraint is one
- Refused assent to bill, Kejriwal targets Modi; says PM not allowing Delhi Assembly to work
- Kairana exodus: BJP list of ‘Hindus’ forced out includes those who died, migrated for better job
Based on a private complaint filed by a practicing advocate Madhu Kumar, the court asked the police to investigate the matter and submit a status report by February
Shinde, who had set a one-month deadline for a decision in December 2012, said on January 27 that the consultation process on Telangana issue was underway.
On December 28, 2012, Shinde had said the Centre would announce a decision on the contentious issue in a month.
On December 9, 2009, the then Union Home Minister Chidambaram had announced that the process to create a Telangana state would be initiated by moving a resolution in the state assembly.
- Europe is an issue that has split Britain’s Labour party, now is the turn of the Conservatives
- BJP is banking on a social engineering strategy laced with Hindutva in UP
- In two years of the Modi govt, a vocabulary reconfigured and routinised
- Abanindranath Tagore’s painting represents cosmopolitan and non-sectarian spirituality
- Liberalism needs to recover the noble lie that ideas are not politics by other means
- To suggest that India’s home secretary was ‘enjoying’ Pak hospitality is misleading