Fight with friends kills teen
- Arvind Kejriwal calls 'emergency' Assembly session to discuss Centre's notification on Lt Governor's role
- Celebrations in AIADMK camp as Jayalalithaa becomes Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- No full statehood rights to Delhi unless there is consensus, says Arun Jaitley
- Gujjar protest to continue as talks with Rajasthan govt fail
- Heat wave toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana reaches 223
Tushar Parulekar, a 17-year-old labourer working at the BMC E-Ward office in Agripada, died after a flight with friends early Wednesday morning, police said.
He lived with family in BMC Chawl in the same area.
Police said Tushar went to a liquor shop on Tank Pakhadi Road in Agripada at 2 am with Sagar Sankath and Saddam alias Rakesh.
At 2.10 am, they sat down to drink along a road some distance from the store.
A little later, Tushar had an argument with Sagar and grabbed his throat. Sagar and Saddam began pushing Tushar in retaliation and he fell onto a pavement and became unconscious, police said.
Seeing him bleed, Sagar and Saddam fled. Passersby rushed Tushar to Nair Hospital where he was declared dead on arrival.
"We arrested Sagar and Saddam on Wednesday morning and have charged them with murder," said an officer at Agripada Police Station.